Scripting Help

Reaction score
Hey guys,

so i recently started a new site, me and two other friends. so far only one of us has been doing anything since hes the linux coding genius :p(the typical netbook for travel and a super power homebuilt one at home lol)

so in order to be useful i want to be able to do this with script.

i have a series of pictures(Manga to precise) with names like .001.jpg .002.jpg and i want to rename them with the title of the manga that i would like to download from a site.

so my friend said he had a script that would download the titles of the Manga

eg Manga Name Here,ch 1 Chapter name here

from MangaFox then use a script to rename the pictures with the titles he downloaded.

any suggestion or should i just go ask him how to do it, not sure he know how to do it on a mac though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 2.26 GHz, 2GB, 160GB. iPod touch 2nd gen, 8GB, 27" Core i7, 8GB, 1TB iMac
Hmmmm - depends on a lot of things.

I presume the new names for the images don't have any mathmatical or logical pattern to them? If they do, it's possible to script something that will work out the name.

What format are you planning on downloading these names in (or converting them to)? Are we talking a text file with one name per line, or a database of some description etc etc.

I presume this is a lot of images, or a task that will be done on regular occasions? Might seem like a stupid question, but from the geek POV, I'm guilty of sometimes over-complicating what I'm trying to do. Anything under 50 pictures, you might spend less time doing it manually. Writing the script is one thing, but bug splatting it is quite another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have a look at this thread. Hope this is what you mean. . .. I think it will have your answer.

Renaming a lot of pictures

There McYukon has given detailed instructions for it to be done by AutoMator.
There are other suggestions for Apps that can be used to achieve this as well.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.