wireless router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC
Will any wireless router work with Mac laptops? I have a hard wired router, but would like to replace it with one that can handle both hard wired and wireless for when the kids come home with their laptops. I am thinking of a Netgear WNDR3700. Any help on this would be appreciated. I need it to be easy to install and have good encryption capabilities. It is hard wired to a Mac desktop and 2 Windows machines.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are many brands of wireless routers to choose from. Apple routers are top notch and also those made by DLink. And of course there are others that likewise will work just fine for your purposes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Anything will work. And they all have WPA2 now days. I wouldn't spend 130 on a router but if you really want that one go for it. It does look like a pretty good router and the USB sharing feature is nice, I assume you can hook up to a printer to it to use as a network printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.