Develop iphone apps

Reaction score
I have installed xCode. Can someone suggest a good resource to get started? Is there a particularly good text book on online resource?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum where you are more likely to get replies to your question.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
And of course, Apple's own developer site would be a great place to get some info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
You can also head over to YouTube and check out the videos from TheNewBoston - you'll want to watch the Objective-C videos and then (assuming you want to do iOS development) the iPhone tutorials. You can also get the iTunes Academy videos from Stanford (CS193 iOS development course) - a little faster paced then TheNewBostons,and focuses on iOS development - it's a recording of the CS193 class, most of the people in there have programming experience so if you're just starting out, it may move a bit quick for you. Once you have the basics down, there are lots of great resources on the net both by individuals and by Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPhone 4G, iPhone 2G
I have installed xCode. Can someone suggest a good resource to get started? Is there a particularly good text book on online resource?

This may sound a silly question, but do you have any experience in programming? I am not talking about obj-C, any programming language will suffice. Because, if you do not have, then you need to start with some other text books!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.