Microsoft Office 2008

Reaction score
I have an iBook g4 mac with a powerpc processor with microsoft office 2008. when i print from word the prints show up correctly in the black and white style but when i print from excel, even though the workbook is black and white the print is a bright yellow. anyone know how to fix this problem without having to reinstall office all over again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Reinstall the printer and its drivers before Office. Also, check the print settings for Excel. This is a disconnect between the Printer and Drivers, not necessarily Office.

OP
T
Reaction score
do you mean i reinstall my printer then also reinstall office?

the only question i have with this is why does word print perfectly normal but excel doesnt? How could this be an error with the printer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Dont reinstall Office.

Both Word and Excel use different printer settings. You need to look into your printer settings. Those are controlled by the printer drivers.

OP
T
Reaction score
okay i was looking for the printer settings but cant find anything of use. the only thing i found was a printer utility but this only is for maintenance. i have an hp officejet 6500 printer. should i continue looking for the setting (which i cant find) or just reinstall the printer. if you say i should reinstall what do i do when i do reinstall and this problem continues to happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you go to "File->Print" in the menu, it brings up a Print box with all the settings available. There are all kinds of settings, based on your printer. I dont have 2008, I have 2011, but even with Windows versions of office, the printing is all handled the same basic way.

You may want to look at the "Printer Features" in the dropdown and make sure the Color Model is not "Inverted"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.