Subwoofer won't work

Reaction score
Hi there! First post, so please be gentle.

Recently I had a party at home, so I took my 2.1 system that I got plugged into my 27" iMac and wired it to my iPhone in my livingroom. Then I let the system just stay there unplugged for 2-3 days, now when I plugged it in my subwoofer won't work! Everything's plugged in correctly like before, my two speakers spits out music as usual.. Help me, it aint fun to listen to deadmau5 w/o any base.

I will monitor this thread all the time, will post additional information at request.

Thanks in advance.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Is it possible it could have been damaged? dropped, had liquid spilled on it etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm guessing you've tried your speakers (with the sub) with another source!

OP
E
Reaction score
Yeah, only with my iPhone though. Gonna test them with my brothers pc later on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What about just just plugging it back into your iMac and checking?
If it doesn't work with that or your iPhone, I suspect it's toast, although I suspect it's toast already!

Not that this makes a difference, but me personally, I'm not a fan of sub woofers at all... just produces more bass, more to the point, more vibration than is intended for any music to have :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree that bass gives a better depth to music, but that doesn't come from sub woofers. It comes from good quality speaker cones in good quality cabinets, and once again, good quality amplifiers.

OP
E
Reaction score
That's true aswell, but I'm a student atm so I can't afford some quality speakers, spent it all on my mac..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's true aswell, but I'm a student atm so I can't afford some quality speakers, spent it all on my mac..

Hehe... I hear you, and sometimes we have to compromise, but hey, you have a good computer to see you through, and hopefully your studies will bring you the fruits of your labour in the very near future :D

Money is a big issue when it comes to everything, and music is no exception!
I totally understand the sub woofer market as far as value for money goes, but I really wish at times that I could get into peoples cars and houses and help them balance the sound :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.