Mail problems !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"
Using Mail 4.5 , OS 10.6.7 MacBookPro2,1
1 - When I open Mail, click on "Inbox" and click on " Get Mail " the spinning circle appears next to each of my mailboxes until the various messages appear in the inbox, at which point the spinning stops on all but one mailbox. That one keeps spinning and never stops.???
2 - When I want to either Restart or Shut Down , Mail does not quit and I must to got to Force Quit to restart. ???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Copy whatever mail you have to a safe location. Remove the mail account and create it again. If you're using POP 3 mail, make sure the address for sending and receiving is correct. It might also be a good idea to change your password at the same time for your ISP server access.

OP
Lorrdon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"
Being a little tech challenged please tell me
Copy all mail, or just in the mailbox that has the spinning circle ?
Is a safe location somewhere other than anywhere in Mail ? Is the Desktop OK?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Copy everything since removing a mail account will remove the mail boxes. And the desktop is OK. One thing I forgot to mention is if your ISP maintains an on line server you can access, all your mail may still be on the server. As long as your mail remains on the server, it can be downloaded again. Not all ISPs have that service so check first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.