White iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Just got the announcement on my Apple RSS feed, it is being released tomorrow - haven't seen anything on the forum about it yet, but I'm also severely nearsighted. I'm not getting one, I'm perfectly happy with the black one, but I know a lot of people who have been waiting forever. Available in Apple Stores, AT&T, Verizon, and "selected resellers." ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
It was on apple.com this morning

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I'm baffled as to why this is such a big deal - but hey - if it makes people happy :) It's the first time I can recall a simple change in color almost having the same interest as a product release.

Reaction score
I much prefer the look of the black iPhone. I have seen the videos and one in person (I cannot say it wa s legit, but it looked perfect and did not look like the chinese oem parts).

Although I know two people who are going nuts just thinking about the white iPhone, I am perfectly happy with my black one and would buy it again.

However, i LOVE my iPad 2 in white :):)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX10.9.0 MBA 2012 1.8Ghz/4Gb/128/ Iphone4/5S 16Gb
It is beautiful but only changes the colour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm baffled as to why this is such a big deal - but hey - if it makes people happy :) It's the first time I can recall a simple change in color almost having the same interest as a product release.

I'd say it's because people came to expect the two color choices. Then with the iPhone 4 came delays and delays and rumors and reports and speculation, blah blah blah. So it got blown up to huge proportions and now it's been so anticipated and talked about that many people are viewing it as a big deal. I personally don't care. I prefer black. But some people have been waiting for this for a long time and now (tomorrow) it's finally available.

Reaction score
At first, I was all over trying to get a white one and hopeing they would release it before I bought mine, but I prefer black now, and with the black ipod 2 and my cinema monitor, they all look seamless together like its a full system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
I got it today.... at AT&T store. No one was waiting. It is just a color thing but I wanted so I am happy now, plus I replaced from 3G so the difference is significant.

Reaction score
oh yeah, the iphone 4 guts are amazing. I love the phone...but im partial to the black one, even tho I am probably going to get the white for the wife.

Reaction score
I got it today.... at AT&T store. No one was waiting. It is just a color thing but I wanted so I am happy now, plus I replaced from 3G so the difference is significant.

Congrats, yeah its a personal preference, and the White one is definitely still beautiful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats, yeah its a personal preference, and the White one is definitely still beautiful.

Thanks, it is indeed a beautiful device. :) The color makes a lot different in looks especially after having a black 3G for 2 years and 6 months!

Reaction score
yeah the upgrade there is huge!

Do you have a case? I just read that is it a bit thicker than the black iPhone, so I wouldn't go out and blindly buy any iPhone 4 case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At this moment I use it as a bareback; no case. Just bought a scratch protection film for the screen side. The back of the phone is still covered with the original film because I want to get a bumper from Apple.

Since I do not have a black iPhone 4, I have no knowledge about the thickness difference.

I was at a restaurant last night and I could see the aisle passing customers were paying attention to the white phone, sitting on my table. It was funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
I always have owned black devices..but when I saw the phone in white at the apple store it blew me away

It's beautiful

Reaction score
I think white ipad looks cool, but white iphone looks dumb. Dunno why... lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13MBP 2.4GHz Duo, 4 GB DDR3, Geforce 320M, 250GB HD
I just bought one about a week ago, yes they are a bit thicker .2mm if I'm not mistaken. I'm currently using this white gel type case, the guys at Apple told me the hard cases wouldn't fit the white ones. I sure hope they come out with some nice hard cases for the white iPhone.

Cheers

Reaction score
I have had the white iPhone 4 since may 2nd and have tried every case at every store I have been to without issue of it not fitting. I have compared side by side to the black and my observation is that it looks like the front is a little thicker but lime I said I haven't found a case I couldn't fit into.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13MBP 2.4GHz Duo, 4 GB DDR3, Geforce 320M, 250GB HD
I have had the white iPhone 4 since may 2nd and have tried every case at every store I have been to without issue of it not fitting. I have compared side by side to the black and my observation is that it looks like the front is a little thicker but lime I said I haven't found a case I couldn't fit into.

That's good news, I'll have to check it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got a genuine Apple white bumper and it fits perfectly. Bought from Amazon.com, the price was $4.80 (new), shipping charge ($6.94) was more than the bumper, lol. Apple sells the same bumper @$29.00 plus S/H.

white 001.jpg

white 002.jpg

Reaction score
Last September when I finally bought my dreamphone, the iPhone 4, I badly wanted it in white. I am sooooo glad I did not wait. Co-worker came in a couple of weeks ago with the new white one and I thought it looked dirty. Not quite as white as I expected it to look.
Years ago when I bought my 1st iPod - 80gb Video version - I HAD to have the white one. And it did look sooo much better than the black. I never regretted it.
My iPad 2 is black. I decided that because I like to watch video on it and most TV's frames are black that I was used to that. I don't regret that decision either.
So I guess I have to conclude that it is just a personal preference. As the old saying goes, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.