HELP Lost pictures icon on side bar

Reaction score
First of all I was clearing some pictures out of my mac. Then where I had a folder that contain all my family pictures I dragged to the picture icon on the side bar. When I went to access it it said The alias "pictures" could not be opened because the original item cannot be found.
Then after several attempts I tried to move the icon from the side bar to the desk top and it poofed, seem like I got rid of it.
I am desperate to recover this folder since it contains all my family pictures for past years.

PLEASE HELPPPP.
I Have a Mac osX Version 10.3.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
In the Finder, hit command+shift+g and enter this.
Code:
~/
Then grab the Pictures folder and drag it back to the sidebar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Then after several attempts I tried to move the icon from the side bar to the desk top and it poofed, seem like I got rid of it.
I am desperate to recover this folder since it contains all my family pictures for past years.

Don't do that. You did get rid of that icon, but not the folder. Follow the above instructions, you're fine, your photos live!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.