If there was an official Mac web design program

D

deathspleen

That would be pretty aweseme wouldn't it?
.mac doesn't count, they should have included it with iWork. Call it like iSite or something. What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Sounds like an okay-ish idea... wouldn't want it to be part of iWork though, if they were to make a apple web design software, I would probably want it to be a pro app, and run along the lines with final cut and logic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
mynameis said:
I think Adobe GoLive and Macromedia Dreamweaver are enough.
I use Dreamweaver, and I really like it.. but I was just saying that if apple was to come out with a pro line web developement software I would deffinatly try it out..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't see where it would be a practical idea. There are already enough well equipped apps out there.

I would think that too many people would confuse iSite and iSight though, hehe :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I think a simple web-design app would be nice.

Dreamweaver and GoLive are good, but way too elaborate (and expensive) for what many people do. If Apple had something to go up head-to-head with FrontPage (which is awful, IMHO) I'd be all for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
at first i thought a pro app would be better, but after reading your guys suggestions a very very good simple program would probably be a lot better
-chris

OP
D

d-funct

I've played with both Dreamweaver + Golive! but the WYSIWYG editor that I'm using at the moment is NVU ... I've not had a problem with it so far bit of a learning curve of course but ****ed nice app ...

Course the price tag is nice as well ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
I don't really like GoLive. I hope Adobe dosen't dump Dreamweaver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
validpretense said:
I don't really like GoLive. I hope Adobe dosen't dump Dreamweaver

Have you used CS2? CS was worse than Dreamweaver, but CS2 seriously blows it away. It is a very powerful, and very awesome web program.

I think you can expect that the lines may remain separate for a while, but eventually the best of both will be integrated into a new GoLive version. About the only special thing dreamweaver had was easy flash integration, and CS2 had that covered pretty well anyways.

If you were referring to CS though, I can understand why you'd like Dreamweaver better. Try CS2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I think it would be in Apple's interest to create a web design application, but I would want it to be the sort of super simple, Frontpage/Publisher type program. Something where if I needed to make an average looking page very quickly, I could. I can with GoLive CS2, but sometimes you just want something simple. I know a lot of pro. graphic designers who have both Photoshop CS2, and Photoshop Elements. Why have elements too? because it's easier to use for quick edits.

Reaction score
i cannt stand go live, that is what was making the adobe suite suck was golive, so i hope that they make dream weaver the new golive and then it will be all good

Reaction score
CS2 has me up for hours, that program (which I'm still learning)is kickass

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Image Tricks is good too, best thing is its free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stillimation said:
i cannt stand go live, that is what was making the adobe suite suck was golive, so i hope that they make dream weaver the new golive and then it will be all good

are you referring to Creative Suite 1, or 2?

OP
J

jessica

I am slowly getting attached to go live because it is all i have now on the mac. Couldn't get the trial of DW to even download to my mac. I did love DW though. That with notepad on my win machine and I was out of control!

OP
N

NewbcaM

I'd try a web design software if apple made one. I try many apps and for the money, I prefer Dreamweaver but I'll use what ever I have at hand, just so long as I can access the code area to fix what wysiwyg does that you might not want it to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.