Macbook Air Dilemma

Reaction score
also once i had the air i never used my ipad. so get the air first you may not want ipad after.

I currently have a 3 year old white macbook and am thinking about upgrading to a macbook air. I also have an ipad and am worried that the two would overlap. The apple store talked me out of buying a MBA (because of that reason) last time I went in but I am still in love with the MBA. Would I be better off with a MBP?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the "Notebook" forum. It does not belong in the BST forum. Please read forum descriptions prior to posting. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
I would not worry about a 13inch air and an ipad overlapping. If you are going to have a computer and an iPad which I presume you will then I am all for the 13inch air. If you were to give me reason to believe that you need something more powerful than an MBA then I might have a different opinion but if the air will be able to handle your computing task, which is should be able to handle most, then I say go for it.

Reaction score
A Macbook Air is designed for portability, so if you take it with you and use the keyboard to type stuff, an iPad 2 is no replacement.

I know I don't use my iPad 2 for anything involving inputting of data really. It's too impossible to use the on screen keyboard for anything extensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
They are both extremely portable, but that's about the end of it. It really depends upon what you plan to do with it. My Air rarely leaves the house, but I use full applications and dislike sitting at a desk when I get home from work. Thus, for me, the Air is great for an armchair, garage, back porch, etc computing experience. I also run some Windows and Linux VMs so a tablet or gadget wouldn't work for me. YMMV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
The only drawback of the MBA, is no internal 3G modem. If it had one, I would be all over it. Until then, the IPAD is my protable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I would rather have the mac book air because i have an iphone 4 so i can use the mobile hotspot for the internet and then i would be able to have a full keyboard that i would be nicer for me cause i like being able to set my fingers on keys and be able to physically prees the buttons and then if you had a keyboard connection for the ipad would be nice but you would have something extra to carry with your ultra portable post-pc tablet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.