Macbook Pro Stolen

Reaction score
can a webmaster see when a certain MAC address is in use? my mbp was stolen on campus which gives me huge reason to believe that the idiot is still on campus. any advice as to what to do as well would be greatly appreciated. already filed a campus security report and police report, but if theres any other suggestions as to what else I can do would be very helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
If you happen to know your mac adress than yes they school should be able to see a list of mac adresses in use on the network and could match them. That is about your only option. The ability to find the computer after you know its on the network will depend on your school.

Also remember that ethernet and airport have different mac adresses.

OP
M
Reaction score
i have my mac address, had to register it in order to access the wifi at my school. we dont have the option for ethernet here, thank goodness, so that leaves ou the possibility of a different address. thank you for the feedback!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Ok good luck finding it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.