Network Diagnostic Issue

Reaction score
Hey Mac-Forum,

I was wondering if I could possibly get some feedback on a recurring issue I'm having with my macbook and it's wi-fi connection. This issue has been going on for near a month now and I'm fed up with it so I decided to make an account here instead of waiting on hold with Apple support for 30 minutes.

Anyhow, the issue is that every time I close my laptop and reopen it, my network diagnostics requires me to type in my wi-fi password and connect to my modem in order to connect to the internet.

Does anyone know how I should go about repairing this problem or is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Any feedback would be nice and thanks in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What's worked for me (only had it happen a couple of times - particularly after I've been traveling and added a few other networks) is head into:

System Preferences - Network - highlight Airport - click the Advanced button - on the Airport tab - remove everything from the Preferred Networks box - close it out - go back in and re-add your network.

OP
F
Reaction score
Wow! It actually worked. I really really appreciate the help :] It's been quite annoying having to type in the 25 character password every time I want to use the internet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.