iPhone 4 Software Update Issue

Reaction score
My girlfriend has a new iPhone 4 (about 4 weeks old) from Verizon. She is trying to update from iOS 4.2.5 to 4.3, but is unable to do so. She's on a PC, currently using Windows 7. We've tried these steps below, but the iPhone still didn't offer the update:

Apple - Support - iPhone - iTunes Troubleshooting Assistant

Using Msconfig to troubleshoot conflicts in Windows Vista and Windows 7

She has not restore the iPhone 4 to it's factory settings yet, for obvious reasons - Apps, but i have a feeling she might. Please help. :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My girlfriend has a new iPhone 4 (about 4 weeks old) from Verizon. She is trying to update from iOS 4.2.5 to 4.3, but is unable to do so. She's on a PC, currently using Windows 7. We've tried these steps below, but the iPhone still didn't offer the update:

Apple - Support - iPhone - iTunes Troubleshooting Assistant

Using Msconfig to troubleshoot conflicts in Windows Vista and Windows 7

She has not restore the iPhone 4 to it's factory settings yet, for obvious reasons - Apps, but i have a feeling she might. Please help. :\

The problem is that the latest version of iOS for the Verizon iPhone is 4.2.7. They are not quite in sync yet with the GSM iPhones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.