Don't get me wrong, I love my MBP, but....

Reaction score
It's just too big and weighs a ton. I have the 15" i5 MBP from late 2010. It works beautifully, but Its such a hassle to lug around. Dammit! I feel like Apple is making the move to purchase their products more and more difficult because everything stems from the MBP. The MBA is just a small piece of the MBP and the Iphone is just a smaller Ipad and the Ipad is just a smaller, less intensive version of the MBA and soo on... Ahhh help me! I already have a MBP and a iphone, So I have a good amount of the functionality I need. The ipad im not a fan of because its just..... a waste of space and money, as I have 2 things which do the same exact things. The MBA seems cool, but i heard a refresh is coming this summer. Plus, I feel like the MBP exterior's will soon refresh (this summer maybe?) and will basically turn into the MBA, or they will discontinue the MBA's and just scale down the MBP's so much, so that they become the new airs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Each device has a place for different people in our home we use an iPad while lounging or
in bed the iPhone goes with me everywhere and the MBP does all the heavy lifting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen
It's just too big and weighs a ton. I have the 15" i5 MBP from late 2010. It works beautifully, but Its such a hassle to lug around. Dammit! I feel like Apple is making the move to purchase their products more and more difficult because everything stems from the MBP. The MBA is just a small piece of the MBP and the Iphone is just a smaller Ipad and the Ipad is just a smaller, less intensive version of the MBA and soo on... Ahhh help me! I already have a MBP and a iphone, So I have a good amount of the functionality I need. The ipad im not a fan of because its just..... a waste of space and money, as I have 2 things which do the same exact things. The MBA seems cool, but i heard a refresh is coming this summer. Plus, I feel like the MBP exterior's will soon refresh (this summer maybe?) and will basically turn into the MBA, or they will discontinue the MBA's and just scale down the MBP's so much, so that they become the new airs

I agree, you probably bought the wrong product. let me help by offering you $1000 dollars to take the MBP off your hands.

On a serious note. The 15 MBP weights less that most notebooks in its class. What exactly where you expecting/do you want so someone can better help you? Its easy to name all the things you dont need. But what do you need?

OP
S
Reaction score
hm

I agree, you probably bought the wrong product. let me help by offering you $1000 dollars to take the MBP off your hands.

On a serious note. The 15 MBP weights less that most notebooks in its class. What exactly where you expecting/do you want so someone can better help you? Its easy to name all the things you dont need. But what do you need?

I just need web surfing, music, photos, watching movies and playing cd's, chat, word processing, and it has to be fast, light and portable. What else? thats pretty much it, but I have lots of music. sent u a pm about the pricing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen
I just need web surfing, music, photos, watching movies and playing cd's, chat, word processing, and it has to be fast, light and portable. What else? thats pretty much it, but I have lots of music. sent u a pm about the pricing

I replied to your PM. However, if that is all you are looking for, a regular Macbook would be able to do this for you very well. The MBA just received its refresh before the MBP. Personally I find the 15" MBP the perfect balance between daily usability and portability.

OP
S
Reaction score
hm

I replied to your PM. However, if that is all you are looking for, a regular Macbook would be able to do this for you very well. The MBA just received its refresh before the MBP. Personally I find the 15" MBP the perfect balance between daily usability and portability.

i think deep down, there's an unconscious aspect of "I want to be cool with a MBA in my hands" lol :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
To the OP: you obviously don't understand what Apple is providing. They don't have an "agenda" to coerce you into getting a MBP. They have multi-levels of computing products to fit various users' needs.
As others have mentioned, if the MBP doesn't meet your needs, sell it (too late to return it now) and get something more suitable to your specific wants and needs. I'm sure you'll find something at the Apple Store to make you happy. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's just too big and weighs a ton. I have the 15" i5 MBP from late 2010. It works beautifully, but Its such a hassle to lug around. Dammit!

You need to get off your butt...and start working out dude!!!;)

The 2010 15" MBP i5 weighs 5.6 lbs. There was a time when 14" laptops weighed 7.5 pounds...and the original "Macintosh Portable" (with a 9.8" display) weighed 15.8 lbs...did you get that...15.8 lbs. That's almost 3x the 2010 15" MBP!!!

When you put things in perspective...5.6 pounds is not that heavy. Hit the gym!
smiley-sport014.gif

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
The Air is a lot lighter because it doesn't have a CD drive or as many ports. There is always a trade off somewhere. That's why there are different Apple products. A Macbook Pro is supposed to be a portable workstation, and can be used as a desktop replacement. It just sounds like you needed to do a little research before making your purchase.

I love my Macbook Pro exactly because it's so heavy duty. In only a few pounds I have a portable production studio. A flimsy, less powerful netbook wouldn't cut it for my needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.