macbook windows 7

Reaction score
Hi eveybody I had a question about a topic i looked through the thread and was not able to fin my specific probleml. I have a white macbook from 07 upgraded ram and hdd. I have installed snow leapord and have installed windows 7 from bootcamp assistant. Windows functions perfectly I have the 32 bit version of professional installed. I can not right click or use the speakers. I have inserted the install disks 1 and 2 in the computer while running windows but the drive reads the disks as a blank dvd. I have to then boot to mac just to eject the disk. I clicked the button for bootcamp to find the drivers I need but it brought up nothing error occours every time. I do not know where to find these drivers. I have seen people refer to support.apple.com but I was not able to locate what I need any helpful information would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download and install Boot Camp 3.1 and 3.2 from Apple? You do that while in Windows 7.

OP
K
Reaction score
yes I downloaded 3.1 but it said it was pnly an upgrade to 3.0 I have no idea where to find 3.0 I have looked on apple support website but have not had any luck

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
3.0 is what you installed when you inserted your Snow Leopard disc while booted up into Windows to install the drivers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
yes I downloaded 3.1 but it said it was pnly an upgrade to 3.0 I have no idea where to find 3.0 I have looked on apple support website but have not had any luck

Now I'm confused. You said you installed Snow Leopard, Boot Camp, and Windows 7. You also stated that when in Windows 7 you inserted your Snow Leopard DVD 1 and 2 and they were read as blank?

What version of Snow Leopard do you have? The upgrade only comes on one disk. Are you sure it wasn't Leopard? Also, as bobtomay stated, the Snow Leopard version of Boot Camp is 3.0. That's why I asked if you had updated to 3.1 and 3.2. Boot Camp 3.0 can not be downloaded from Apple.

OP
K
Reaction score
ok I have resolved the issue I should have been more clear I had inserted the install disks that came with my 07 macbook which if i remember correctly is tiger. Those were the disks that were read as blank. I did not have the snow leapord disk with me as I lost it. So i did what apple told me not to do and it worked flawlessly. I used my girlfriends macbook pro snow leapord disk that came with her computer. Even though that disk is hardware specific all of the drivers worked and windows 7 is now running good. Thanks for all of your help I appreciate it. Not the thread but my windows 7 clock always has the wrong time lol will tear into it another week.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, glad you resolved it. Visit often and don't forget to buy your own copy of Snow Leopard, and hang on to it this time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.