iPad arriving early

Reaction score
Sharing my excitement over the fact that my iPad is scheduled to arrive on Thursday (three days!) instead of next Wednesday, which is what Apple had estimated--after pushing the delivery back a day.

I can't wait for that thing to arrive; the only problem is dragging myself to work instead of playing with my new toy ;D

Reaction score
Awesome" you are going to love your new device. I agree, it is going to be difficult to go to work knowing your iPad is waiting.

OP
E
Reaction score
I actually don't have to work until four, so it's more likely that the problem will be tearing myself away from it. The same thing happened with my Macbook Pro; my first day of work I went to my house on break, saw that it was there, and then had to go back up for a few hours.

I think the parts I'm most excited for are:

Portability
Reading web pages
Taking notes
OmniFocus

And all of the delightful games.

Reaction score
That's awesome!! When did you order yours?
My son's hasn't shipped yet. I ordered it April 12th from apple.com and got 2 day shipping. It's supposed to ship on May 3rd and im supposed to get it May 5th. He's anxiously waiting :)

Reaction score
I recommend Zite, it is an awesome app that lets you "build" a magazine based on your interests, I use it everyday.

OP
E
Reaction score
My iPad was ordered on April 7th. It's still listed as being in EPZ China and UPS or whoever is saying 'the service selected is not available' blah, blah blah; the important thing is that the delivery estimate hasn't slipped yet.

Also ordered the sleeve and stylus with two day shipping (Amazon Prime seriously makes a difference, gotta love being a student). Essentially, everything should be here on Thursday and I'm stoked.

I've heard about Zite; I'll definitely look into it. :D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Update: apparently it's left China, but delivery date has become 'unknown'.

Balls.

UPS driver accidentally stepped on it, crushed it and is just waiting to report it.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
UPS driver accidentally stepped on it, crushed it and is just waiting to report it.

That's mean, Bob, just plain mean! ;)

FWIW it was probably a FEDEX driver since everything I've gotten from Apple recently has come FEDEX. Though, I guess that could vary by location.

OP
E
Reaction score
It says it's shipping through UPS, which I found odd; I'm pretty sure that my MBP (and the free iPod that arrived before it) were shipped by FedEx.

It's getting kinda frustrating that all I'm getting is 'will be delivered by the displayed delivery date' when there ISN'T one displayed. And I guess UPS is having troubles because of a thunderstorm in Kentucky?

Like I said; balls.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.