so, these new I7 imacs..

Reaction score
Do I need one?

At the minute I am using a 27" Imac with a C2D processor, 4GB of ram and a 1TB HDD. Now first let me bullet point my MAIN uses from my Imac and then a quick follow up of why I use a mac. Hopefully this will give you enough information to beable to decide for me (Because clearly I am not big enough to choose for myself!) weather or not I need a new I7 Imac.

• Browsing the Web
  • Visiting and contributing on forums
  • Watching a TON of videos (Youtube, Video game websites, News sites, etc)
  • Manageing photos (personal photos, friends, familys, good times. Nothing fancy)
  • Typical mac stuff: I.E Using Dashboard, Word Processing, mangeing and listening to my music etc)

Now I use my mac for these things because I find it so easy to use first and foremost but also using OS X is such a clean, crisp and smooth experience for the most part. I use my Mac every single day of my life, it is my hub of not just my life but also my famlies and my closest friends. I will never stop using mac for these reasons and hopefully, this has given you an insight of just what a mac does to benefit my life.

Now the £1 000 000 question (I am english so I will use me sterling thanks :p ) SHOULD I upgrade? I don't feel the need to honestly, I never really complain about speed, but then again I haven't seen what these new macs offer me, is it more then just raw speed? Is it faster enough to warrant a purchase? Or should I just keep living my life with my imac I have already?

Thanks guys : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If your current machine meets your needs then why replace it? The C2D still a good CPU and unless there is a specific need for for a newer CPU it seems like a wast of money to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
That's almost precisely what I have, (see left) and I do perform exactly the same tasks (maybe a little less video consumption). Our photos uses seem in alignment, I have quite a lot of photos, and my wife is does some light editing.
Idk what it will cost you £ wise for shipping from an apple store/or if you have one near by,but the i7's over here start at like 1600/1700. And that is on the small screen (that you are not used to). Tack on an extra 300 for the 27", and you are looking at about 2000$.

Back to the do you need it question. I guess you MAY, MAY.. Notice a little bit of a slow down if you were going from an i7 to what we both have at the moment. But I don't think the benefit would be as apparent-based on what you use it for- to shell out that much $£.

I just saw a thread in another forum about a new line of iMacs coming out. I will link it into here for you.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...-tipped-next-week-source-claims-new-post.html

If that is true, wait. And, since you are posting on here in the first place I can tell you are willing to wait a little bit.
See what there is to come. Especially on the cheaper lend of the spectrum.
Hope that helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.