• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Question About Video Editing

E

ennui

First I would like to say hello to everyone here on this forum as this is my first post here. NOW down to it lol..
My question is i am wanting to make a training vid and I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any program that would capture what I am doing on screen along with audio...? :confused: :confused:

OP
R

RobDreugan

It really depends how in depth you want to go. Technically speaking imovie should be enough. If you want to have some more control over things, I'd probably get a copy of Adobe Premiere, although as a video editor I despise that software, only because I need a more stable, faster, well designed program like Final Cut Pro 4, which I use now.

But if you just need something simple, again imovie should be good enough.

OP
E

ennui

First thanks for your time in replying but you misunderstood my question. I have no need of a video editor as i have both premiere and final cut . The question is getting a program that captures what i am doing on screen such as this program for windows <<<<look here >>>>
again thanks for your time

OP
R

RobDreugan

O, i see what yer saying. No I don't know of any software that's going to capture exactly what yer doing on screen, but if you had a 3chip camera available and adjusted the f-stop to make sure there's no flicker on the screen, then you could film yourself doing it, with a close up on the screen.

But I'm unaware of software that would do that effectively. It's possible there's software that could do it well, but I wonder how good it could run when I'd assume alot of resources are necessary to capture video in general, let alone copy what yer doing in a program that would need its' own resources.

*shrug*

OP
R

RobDreugan

Looking over that link, I suppose that Camtasia software could be a good buy, the website tour certainly makes it look that way.

I'd look into downloading the demo if I were you. Also, **** if yer making money off of these training videos, I'd prolly buy the software.

OP
E

ennui

RobDreugan said:
Looking over that link, I suppose that Camtasia software could be a good buy, the website tour certainly makes it look that way.

I'd look into downloading the demo if I were you. Also, **** if yer making money off of these training videos, I'd prolly buy the software.
yea its pretty cool I have it on my pc but it does not work on a mac :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
you mean something like Screen Movie Recorder, Screen Record (outdated link removed), and ScreenTool (outdated link removed) ?

:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.