mac mini 2,1 help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13.3 macbook pro 8GB DDR3 500GB 7200 RPM HD also an Imac G4 that sits and collects dust
is there any place to get scimatics to this computer? I upgraded the ram and the wi fi or airport antenna got disconnected and I need to know were it hooks up to this is a 1.83 ghz 2,1 model. also the ribbon wire got disconnected this is the one that hinges the top half to the bottom half and i can not get it back connected any help would be gratefully appreciated thanks jim

Reaction score
is there any place to get scimatics to this computer? I upgraded the ram and the wi fi or airport antenna got disconnected and I need to know were it hooks up to this is a 1.83 ghz 2,1 model. also the ribbon wire got disconnected this is the one that hinges the top half to the bottom half and i can not get it back connected any help would be gratefully appreciated thanks jim

Not schematics, but if all you did was disconnect something that didn't get reconnected properly, iFixit should have what you need:

Mac Mini Repair - iFixit

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13.3 macbook pro 8GB DDR3 500GB 7200 RPM HD also an Imac G4 that sits and collects dust
thanks i just checked out the site and i think i can figure it out ( i hope )

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you can't, let us know. I probably have the manual and can show you a pic of how the antenna connects.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i just messed up the antenna trying to put it back on i am usually better then this i also need to figure out how to fix the sound because the plastic piece that hold the ribben wire in place broke off any help in were i can get these parts cheap would help lesson learned sometimes if it aint broke it aint worth fixin cause now its broke. other then that its running the 4 gb of OWC ramm nicely now before i fix the problems i want to change the HD to a 500 gb 7200 rpm will a regular 2.5 HD work and do i need to add the foam and were do i get it ? thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.