No grayscale print option after Leopard upgrade

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from Tiger to Leopard on my Power Mac G4. I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX685 printer.

Since the upgrade I have lost the option to print in Grayscale (as well as other print options, such as Print Settings, Colour Management). I've looked for it everywhere but I'm pretty certain it's not there.

All the print options are available if I hook the printer up to my girlfriend's MacBook Pro. Both computers seem to have the same printer driver installed, although I notice that the MacBook has a newer version of the driver (8.17 rather than 6.10), they don't seem to have this version available on the website so perhaps it's only available for Intel machines.

The Power Mac is my main workstation so I'd really like to get the printer fully operational on it. I've noticed that there is a Black and White option under `Printer Features' but it still prints in colour if I choose this.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If not, I will assume it's a glitch with running Leopard on an ageing G4!

Thanks
Jeff

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You have the latest driver for PPC already. (6.10) The 8.17 driver is for Intel only. You may be able to dig around the web and find a substitute driver that will work with Leopard. (I just checked the Foomatic data base and your model Epson is not supported.)

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks.

Do you know any other suitable driver websites that I could try? I will try a Google Search but if you knew any offhand I'd appreciate it, I'm not much of an expert in these things.

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.