Canon IP4700 printer will not work with MacBook Air

Reaction score
I am a Mac newbie, so please forgive if this is a dumb question or posted the wrong place.

I have a MacBook Air running Mac OS X 10.6.7. I am trying to make it work with my Canon IP4700 printer (originally used as Windows printer). I have downloaded the correct driver, and updated to the newest version, and my MacBook does see the printer, but it keeps telling me 'The printer is not connected with the electricity'. Obviously, this is not correct, since it is plugged in. The printer works without problems with Windows.

Can it not run on a Mac? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I am really totally stuck and have no idea what to do. Printer has been restarted, and the Mac has been rebooted with the printer attached as well.

I am hoping for some help.

Katya

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Post the exact message you're getting. We assume you have the printer turned on, not just plugged in.

OP
K
Reaction score
Assumption correct :)

My message is in Russian (my native language and thus the OS language), so I can only give my best possible translation above. I did, however, get an error number which was 311. I just searched Google and got: "The Error 311 can occur when you are using the USB connected printer queue but trying to print to the network connected printer."
But during the installation I never set up whether the printer should be local or network.

katya

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.