Iphoto importing from pc

Reaction score
Iphoto error... had a hard drive crash not to long ago, replaced hard drive and started reload pics i had saved on pc. Got all the pics imported and now get an error message if pc is off that says can't find sever and beach ball starts and have to force quit. To maybe answer my own question should i of had "copy files to iphoto library when importing" checked before importing? Is this the problem? If so do i need to start all over again with my importing or is there a quick fix. Already tried that rebuild library route, no luck. Had this problem before and everytime i went mobile got that same error. So i'm doing something wrong.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Assuming all the photos you care about are on the PC.
1) Rename your iPhoto Library to something (anything at all--do this while iPhoto is not running)
2) Start iPhoto and let it create a new Library and then import from the PC HD (this time copying the photos)
3) Once you are certain everything is as it should be you can delete the original Library that you renamed in step one

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to appropriate forum.

Yep, you do want to have that checked or else it will leave them on your PC.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks that did the trick... i had to do all the copying through Finder though, Iphoto 6.06 doesn't give you a option to copy, that's why i couldn't make it work by importing thru Iphoto. Maybe later versions do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.