Garageband Problems

Reaction score
I'm just having a couple issues with Garageband that I can't really figure out or can't find a way around. The first one just happened, and is that I can not edit the effects I add to a software instrument. When I click on the icon, no box pops up for me to edit the effect. I have been clicking around to see if I accidentally pressed or clicked something which made the program act this way, but I couldn't find anything.
Second, When recording a software instrument real time when utilizing, lets say pitch bending, the pitch bend does not get applied to the first note. For example, I set a count down and when the software starts recording my keystrokes, all of the notes register, but the pitch bend is not applied to the first note. I am actually using a Korg midi controller, which I should also mention but I don't think is the issue.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.