iPhone 4 won't copy large video to my PC

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 and windows xp sp3

Example:

When I try to drag IMG_1161.mov (808mb) to my desktop it wont work

it will just create IMG_1161.mov (0kb) and that's all.​

however, i trimmed the video file on my phone to half the video at about 350mb and that worked, but im not wanting to trim videos to get them in, there is obviously a problem here.

any ideas?

(my drive is ntfs formatted and fat32 only applies to up to 4gb its obviously not that because its only an 800mb file)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Sounds a bit silly but the Desktop can be awkward about files being dropped onto it sometimes, have you tried copying the video to a different location/ folder?

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen
I had a similar problem. I sold my PC and bought a Mac. But on a serious note, I did have the same problem on my PC, I was never able to figure it out. It would copy part of the file then get get stuck, then give an error message. Im assuming from the way you are talking about it, that you are accessing the iPhone as a "disk" and trying to copy the media out of it?

You could also try using iTunes to backup your photos into an assigned folder. Just another way to skin a cat but who knows.

OP
G
Reaction score
Sounds a bit silly but the Desktop can be awkward about files being dropped onto it sometimes, have you tried copying the video to a different location/ folder?

- Simon

tried all drives, same thing. nothing....

my "walkaround fix" is to just edit the clip on the iphone and to import it in sections

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.