• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone else miss included song lyrics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Now that digital music downloads are becoming more popular than CD albums I was curious if anyone else is missing the included song lyrics that usually comes with CD albums booklets? I could look up the lyrics on the internet but that does become a chore if a person has a lot of songs or if they buy whole digital albums. Also some of the lyrics I find on the internet aren't accurate.

I have noticed that iTunes has a section to manually add lyrics to each song but I'm surprised that technology hasn't figured out how add lyrics from the beginning. It's one of the things I miss from buying actual CDs.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
looking up the lyrics is about as much of a chore as actually taking the little booklet out of the case.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A CD album has all of the album's song lyrics in one booklet while most lyric websites only show lyrics per song so I have to manually search each song and then copy and paste the lyrics over to be saved.

I'm not looking up the lyrics just to read them. I want to save them to my music files for future reference. If you don't think copying and pasting hundreds of lyrics isn't a chore then I don't want to know what you do think is a chore.

Also most websites providing lyrics are filled with pop-up ads and other in your face spamming ads so I hate going to them all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Try an App like MPFreaker to go find and add the lyrics to your library.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try an App like MPFreaker to go find and add the lyrics to your library.
Thanks. I didn't know an app like that existed. It would be nice if the lyrics were included from the beginning but until then I guess an app like this will have to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.