To buy, or to wait...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
I've had my 30GB iPod for almost four years now, and I want to buy a new iPod Classic to hold the entirety of my music library, now that I've out-grown the 30 gigs on my current one. I also plan on keeping it for a similar length of time.

I would like to get one rather soon, but I've recently read a few rumors about an update to the two-year old Classic, which has me pausing a bit. Any chance it's updated at WWDC, or is it more likely a bit further down the road?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I'm sure it will be updated, but the classic updates are very small improvemenys generally. Slimmer HD's or maybe a new scroll wheel. Then they bump the price a little. If the classic is your desired pod, I'd buy now.

OP
seanje
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
hmm...I think I'm going to wait until at least WWDC. Or at least I'll try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The iTunes event is usually in September (if member serves correctly) which is why there is a free iPod Touch for students in late summer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
hmm...I think I'm going to wait until at least WWDC. Or at least I'll try.

Would you like to keep your Classic and install a larger hard drive in it? It's not difficult to do and there are step by step instructions available to show you how. Take a look on the ifixit site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Why not wait until about two weeks before wwdc and then get a classic, Then you have 30 days if a new one comes out of that model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.