Desktop won't stay asleep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X v. 10.6.5
I can put my desktop (OS X 10.6.7) to sleep but it almost immediately wakes up. One time I was told that if I had a USB hub attached, it was causing the problem. But I have disconnected the hub and it still sleeps for about 5 seconds before it "wakes" up. My only alternative is to shut down completely.

Is there a solution?

Reaction score
Have you tried...
Apple > Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced > uncheck "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" ? This may be it if you have a bluetooth mouse - just about anything makes the mouse react.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X v. 10.6.5
Thank you. ?I thought you had found the solution, but alas!, no such luck...anyone have any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Under energy saver, uncheck “Wake for network access"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac - 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo 2, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM, 10.6.7
If you have GeekTools, there are some issues with it not letting Macs sleep, because every time a Geeklet refreshes, it engages the harddrive into use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.