Multiple App Store accounts?

Reaction score
Me and my brother both recently got apple devices (an ipad 2 and an ipod touch 4th gen). We both have separate apple accounts. It just occurred to me that this means we have to pay for everything twice if we want it on both devices. Could I just log out of the app store and log in as my brother any time I wanted to download something purchased under his account? Would this work? And when I sync it back to my computer, would it be deleted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
You won't have to pay for an app two times. My family and I do it all the time. If some one already bought it on the ID than the person that wants to download it just has to download it.

- Kyle

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, if on the same ID. But me and my brother both have separate accounts on each device. The ipod has his account and the ipad has mine. And we have already bought stuff on both of them. I know, stupid of me. But can I say, log in to his account from my ipad and then download stuff he has purchased? I'm afraid that when I sync it to my cpu it will be deleted because its not 'purchased' from my account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Yes, if on the same ID. But me and my brother both have separate accounts on each device. The ipod has his account and the ipad has mine. And we have already bought stuff on both of them. I know, stupid of me. But can I say, log in to his account from my ipad and then download stuff he has purchased? I'm afraid that when I sync it to my cpu it will be deleted because its not 'purchased' from my account.

Yes, you guys can use each others Apple IDs to download what he has purchased.

- Kyle

OP
J
Reaction score
Okay, It has been working up till now. Whenever he gets something I can download it on my ipad no problem. But when I bought something, I can't download it on his ipod. Even when I purchase the ipod version. What gives? i bought infinity blade (which is a universal app, so it should work on both) and nazi zombies (the ipod version). What gives?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.