Proshow equivalent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
There's this program I have been using for years on my older Windows machines before I switched to Mac a few years ago, and I have been trying to use it on my Windows 7 bootcamp partition, and it freezes up whenever I go about using it, as well as crash the computer altogether in rendering a photoshow with/without animations. So i'm asking, is there a Mac equivalent to this program:
Code:
http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/producer

Thanks

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now can iMovie accept AVIs, because in the past I have had issues with that. I have some animations I made to go along with the show, so I need AVI compatibility as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
itouch,mac pro,imac,mini,mac book pro,appletv
i also use proshow and must say iphoto / i movie aren't even close in sophistication or variety or ease of use

proshow is a fantastic piece of software also $250bones
iphoto is free and you usually get what you pay for

just bought adobe premier
will keep you posted

in the meantime animoto is a great online service if you need really pretty slide shows
with still images and video combined

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I think I figured out a really long work-around. I ended up splitting the main show into 5 parts with Proshow, exported them to uncompressed AVI, which turned out to be GBsa in size, then switched over to OSX and actually ended up using Premiere Pro CS5 to join all the animations and sections into one. So now it's exporting and all is good.

C

chas_m

You might want to look at PhotoMagico and PhotoPresenter as lower-cost alternatives to ProShow.

iPhoto's slideshows are GORGEOUS but are not technically sophisticated or feature fine control, that's not what Apple was going for at all there.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I actually did just give Fotomagico a test run, and it turned out to crash every single time I tried to create something that was more than 5 slides long, with animation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.