ipod iBattery Pro app question

Reaction score
like this, i am very noob in this thing... recently i've downloaded iBattery Pro app for iPod touch 4th gen. iBattery Pro - Battery status and maintenance for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store here the app's link... then i used the battery maintenance, a feature in the app, it supposed to support the complete full charge cycle for the battery. first i have to discharge <20%. after my batter lower than 20%, i used the feature and the app will fast charge and then trickle charge my ipod. when the app fast charge my ipod, i was like worried because i dont know if i can sleep my ipod coz i dont want to make my ipod stay awake while charging and use the app maintenance feature. so, i cancel it... the question it:

1) will my action, (cancelling the maintenance feature while my the app is fast charging my ipod) damage my battery performance? but i cancel the fast charging juz about 2-5 minutes(i think) after the app fast charging my ipod.

2) can i actually sleep my ipod not (shut off of course) while the app is maintaining my battery. logically no one stay awake their ipod while charging it right? coz im afraid if when the iBattery pro app is running (when im using the maintenance feature) and i sleep my ipod it will damge more my ipod instead of maintaining it. I juz feel worried

3) if any change it will somehow damage my battery, using back the maintenance will supposedly fix it... is it?? i dont know

i am seriously noob in this thing, i juz afraid something will happen to my ipod touch 4 battery... man, i hope someone professional can answer my question...thanks....

zac

Reaction score
Hi hilman,

no worries. Even if you shut down the app during the battery maintenance nothing can happen. The app only supports you to do a full charge cycle (which should be done once a month or so). If you send the iPod asleep or you quit the app the only thing that happens is that you will not be notified by the app when the iPod is fully charged.

Cheers,
Zacharias

OP
H
Reaction score
thanks zac, how about when i canceled the maintenance process while the app is fast charging my ipod, will it somehow damage my ipod battery? will it damge my ipod battery performance? i am really worried now...

zac

Reaction score
No chance that something like this can happen.

All these apps cannot do anything to your battery. They just support you in the right handling. You can do the maintenance even without a battery app in the same way they describe the functionality.

Best,
Zac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.