Photoshop Elements on Mac OSX 10.5.8 PPC

Reaction score
I used to have a copy of PSE that came with a drawing tablet, but I lost the disc and thus lost the program when I upgraded to a new (to me) computer. PSE 9 is intel only and my computer is a PPC so I've been looking into older versions. PSE 2 and 3 are the only ones in my price range really, but I wanted to make sure they worked before buying one.

After much searching, I found a trial edition of PSE 2 that promised 30 days, but after clicking the 'try' button it gave me an error message and shut down. I'm assuming it's designed to only run under OS 9 or 10.1. I can't find a trial of PSE 3 though, for no lack of trying, and I'm not keen on throwing money away. Can anyone tell me if Photoshop elements 3.0 will run stably on a G4 mac running 10.5.8?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Elements 6 will run fine on your PPC, and is still sold on Amazon (£30). It's very very good too, incredibly powerful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.