Please help...

Reaction score
I've managed to totally screw myself over, to be frank. I've been having problems with safari - I fear this may because my macs getting on a bit (four happy years, tiger osx10.4) rather than safari mind..

I decided to delete safari and then reinstall. The trouble is, when installing the updater says that a newer version of safari is still on my hardrive and so it can't install. It definitely isn't, and I'm installing the newest version. I have nooo idea where my install discs are, as it has been four years, so don;t think I'll be able to do it that way. I still have firefox, but words cannot descibe how much I HATE firefox. I love safari and am pretty gutted to have lost it so if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Also, I'm a bit of a mac dummy (I use it for music related things and so troubleshooting isn't my thing :/) so step-by-step instructions very much appreciated!

Reaction score
Go to /Library/Receipts and see if there is one for Safari. If so, delete it and then try to install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.