Need help with game

Reaction score
I recently bought and downloaded Civilization III for my mac and i downloaded it, i have a mac from 2008, its a laptop and these is its stats

2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Macintosh HD
Mac Book 4.1

When i try to open the game it acts like it opens but nothing pops up, when i put it on my toolbar at the bottom of my screen to try to open it just appears to open for a few second and then it closes...I have never been able to play a game on my mac is there something wrong with my settings or am i doing something wrong?
THANKS!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Was the game downloaded as an image file? (dmg) If it was, you have to click on the image and either run the installer or drag it to the applications folder. It doesn't make sense that you've never been able to play a game on your MacBook. It's possible that you're not installing them correctly but we have no way to know without seeing what it is you're doing.

Reaction score
This is a specific problem related to Civ III on the mac. I searched through several forums but found no clear answers. It has to do with a relatively recent mac update that causes graphical issues or something. I'll get back to you if I ever find out a solution, but your best bet is to look around civ fansites, there are a whole bunch of them.

Reaction score
Civilization iii on MacBook

I am able to run this game fine, except when I need to "right click" on my mouse pad. The MacBook mouse pad doesn't seem to support this. How can I "wake" my units within my cities when there are multiple units to choose from? Thanks....

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I recently bought and downloaded Civilization III for my mac and i downloaded it, i have a mac from 2008, its a laptop and these is its stats

2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Macintosh HD
Mac Book 4.1

Thanks for the computer specs:)...but of probably equal importance is what OS version are you running?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.