User Time limit (kiosk style)

Reaction score
I went to a hotel in Pairs and they have two imacs in their lobby. Anyone can walk up to them and log in by simply clicking the guest account with no password. But then it gives them 30 minutes to use the computer and all approved applications before it would automatically log them out, not saving any info. Then the next person can immediately log on and do the same. Is this a feature built into OSX or is this an application that is allowing this? How do I do this, as I will be setting up a kiosk iMac at my place of work? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.7
Our kiosks at work are PCs and they use WinU by Bardon Systems. That software is lock down good and you can dial in as much or as little use as you want. Unfortunately (as the name implies) it's a Windows application.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw this running on a Mac tho and that is what I have at my work. But I will look into WinU and see if they have any companion Mac OSX products. Thanks.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
This might be along the lines of what you're looking for wKiosk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.