help I think restoring my iPhone broke it (tried to restore jail broken)

Reaction score
Hi, I have a huge issue.
I jailbroak my iPhone 3G that upgraded the baseband
My issue is now is that I'm unable to restore it. I tried and it have me a 1015 error.
So I have no way of using my precious phone. Is there any way to downgrade , or any firmware I can restore my iPhone for it to somehow work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Are you wanting to jailbreak it again or are you just looking to get it restored to latest baseband and OS?

- Simon

OP
J
Reaction score
Are you wanting to jailbreak it again or are you just looking to get it restored to latest baseband and OS?

- Simon

I want to jail break it again if its possible. I'll just be glad to know any way of getting my phone to being usable again.

Reaction score
Did you hit "restore" or "update?" jailbrlen phones cannot be updated. They need to be restored first.

Second, does your screen have the "connect to iTunes" screen. If so have you tried kickinig out of DFU mode using tiny umbrella?

OP
J
Reaction score
Did you hit "restore" or "update?" jailbrlen phones cannot be updated. They need to be restored first.

Second, does your screen have the "connect to iTunes" screen. If so have you tried kickinig out of DFU mode using tiny umbrella?

I had clicked restore.
I Have tried tiny Umbrella, it only works when I load 3.2 with 4.0 it starts to load then goes back to the connect to iTunes screen.

Reaction score
Can you explain clearly what is going on. I can prob help you but I need to know a few thinhgs. First, I need to know what you are trying to do. Are you trying to restore to an older iO/S or the most current for your device?

Which IO/S's have succefully been restored, and which one fails. Also, have you redirected your itunes to point at cydia, or is it still pointed at Apple?

A simpke restore shouldnt be a prob, but I am unsure if you are just trying to do that. Also, I would recoment trying the restore from a different computer if you can.

Thanks,
Tom

OP
J
Reaction score
Can you explain clearly what is going on. I can prob help you but I need to know a few thinhgs. First, I need to know what you are trying to do. Are you trying to restore to an older iO/S or the most current for your device?

Which IO/S's have succefully been restored, and which one fails. Also, have you redirected your itunes to point at cydia, or is it still pointed at Apple?

A simpke restore shouldnt be a prob, but I am unsure if you are just trying to do that. Also, I would recoment trying the restore from a different computer if you can.

Thanks,
Tom

I am trying to restore to the newest iOS for my device.

The only one that worked is 3.1.3

Its pointed at apple. I don't know how to point it to cydia or why.

I've tried two different computers, my iMac and macbook pro.

I had originally used Redsn0w 0.9.5 to jailbreak if thats any importance.

I'm a noob at this :S I'm use to rooting android phones using the terminal, iOS and itunes confused me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Force the iPhone into DFU mode then try restoring it from there, full explanation of how to achieve DFU mode here:

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

Hope this helps

- Simon

OP
J
Reaction score
Force the iPhone into DFU mode then try restoring it from there, full explanation of how to achieve DFU mode here:

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

Hope this helps

- Simon

I tried and it still wont work, I'm going to try to redirect apple to cydia then try again, if not I'll try on a windows computer, maybe for some strange reason it will make a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
This is why I don't ever recommend jailbreaking :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.