Looking at Time Capsule or AirPort...

Reaction score
I'm a college student who's relatively new to the Mac world. I purchased my MacBook Pro about a year ago, and I am incredibly happy with it (after I worked past a few idiosyncrasies, of course).

Key word there is college student.

Next semester, my suitemates and i are considering making a "theatre-room" - putting all our beds in one room, and all the cool tech stuff in the other. We're at the perfect location in our dorm to do so...and now, we're looking at the technological aspect. We're going to be running a flat-planel with basic 5.1 surround sound, and probably an XBox 360 and a PS3. My question is this:

Are Xbox360's and PS3s generally compatible with Time Capsule/Air Port? If anyone here has run such a setup before, how did it fare? We're all dying to know.

Thanks for your time.

-Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are Xbox360's and PS3s generally compatible with Time Capsule/Air Port? If anyone here has run such a setup before, how did it fare? We're all dying to know.

Thanks for your time.

-Nick

Not sure why it wouldn't be. These are all standard 802.11g/n devices. They wouldn't be IEEE certified for the standard if they were not interoperable.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I think the better question is - has anyone here run a setup where they, along with all their roommates, put their beds in same room for a semester. Something tells me that's likely to malfunction before the AirPort/Xbox/PS3 setup does. ;D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I think the better question is - has anyone here run a setup where they, along with all their roommates, put their beds in same room for a semester. Something tells me that's likely to malfunction before the AirPort/Xbox/PS3 setup does. ;D

Bunch of heavy sleepers it'd probably be ok. A light sleeper in the bunch, and that one's not gonna like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.