Operating System Metrics (Analytics). Does anyone know if something like this exists?

Reaction score
Hello Mac Forum Members.

I was rearranging my dock and thought to myself, it would be really nice to have an app that produced analytics for the way I use my mac much the way someone would use analytics for their website and I looked and looked and found nothing of the sort.

What I would like to see is how frequently I use programs, for how long I use them, and other user habits and tendencies. I speculate that by having this data available to me in an easy to read and comprehendible way I could streamline my user experience and the way I store data. Let's say I haven't used a certain app in months, then I could either get rid of it or store the disc image on an external and reinstall it as needed. I'm not sure how else I could streamline my user experience at this moment, but I'm sure that if I had that data to look at I could then figure out other ways.

Would any of you mac savvy folks know of an app that exists like that and if so where I could get it?

Thanks for in advance for your replies! ;D

Cheers!

Wen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Really,...

Spending all your time analyzing data surely would circumvent your user experience, therefore your user experience would be analyzing data not experiencing.

Maybe you should read a book, or take a walk. Unplug for just a bit and take someone you care about out for a cup of coffee.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.