iPhone in Atlanta GA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro MC118E/A 15.4 | iPhone 4S | iPod many
Hi guys,

I'm traveling to Atlanta, GA, on next June, and I was wondering if you can give me some tips:

1. Where can I buy an iPhone in that city?
2. Do you know if I can unlock it in order to use it with a local mobile service in
Argentina?

Thank you. :)

Daniel

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are Verizon and AT&T stores plus Apple stores scattered throughout the Atlanta Metro area. You can buy an iPhone at any of them. Additionally Best Buy also stocks the iPhone.

As far as buying an iPhone and unlocking it for use in Argentina, that I can't help you with. You do need to know what system is used in Argentina before you buy. In other words, do they use CDMA or GSM for transmission.

OP
Mr. Daniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi chscag,

Thank you for your message and suggestions.

I'll check those sores out by the time I'll be there.

As for the system used here, it is the GSM. Unfortunatelly, our government has increased the Customs taxes for the mobile phones' importers, in order to benefit the local producers, and, as a way to decrease the imports from China. As a conclusion, iPhomes (from China) are not more available here... I hate when the government gets involved in private matters!! :Angry:

Regards,

Daniel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Even if the technology is compatible, the unlocking tools have not yet been updated. If you bought a new iPhone, you will be left waiting a long time before it can be unlocked.

You're better off buying an iPhone that has already been unlocked rather than try and do it yourself with a new one.

Reaction score
I have set up several phones for some guys in south America. My dad is retired and all he does is travel South America. I would honestly recommend getting a used phone. A 3gs or 4g would be fine, but it would have to be on an older version of iO/S (obviously the ip4 would have to be on 4.0 or higher) that has an unlock readily available. I set up the last few i did on 4.1. I am unsure if the newer lailbroken iO/S's have an unlock but a simple search should answer your question. Just make sure whatever used phone you get is on an older iO/S ( meaning 4.2 or lower) and you will be just fine. I would suggest looking on crags list. Im in Jax Fl which is about 4 hours from Atlanta. If you need help setting it up or finding one just let me know via PM
Tom

OP
Mr. Daniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your messages and pieces of advice. I'm taking note of all of them.

There is a company which has offices in Miami and Buenos Aires. They sell the
iPhone 4 (unlocked) at $ 1.400... maybe it is a little bit priced... due to those brillant ideas of the Government, nowadays a cell phones black market is borning.

On the other hand, a PC Doctor that I've met, told me that there is an iPhone unlock software from Norway which works (Unlock iPhone - Jailbreak iPhone 4 - How to Unlock iPhone - Unlock iPhone 3G 4.3.2 - Unlock iPhone 4 4.3.2 - iPhone 3GS Unlock 4.3.2 Software). If you can, please check it out.

According to your suggestions, maybe, buying an used one would be the best choice.

Thank you again.

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the company doing the unlocks in the link you posted. I wouldn't pay for an unlock though. I would donate to the developers but thats about it.

As far as the place in miami goes, thats an insane price. You could go to the apple store, buy a new I phone 4,jailbreeak, then unlock it yourself for almost half of that price. Like I said before, your best option is buying a used 3g or newer. Or you could buy it outright. I believe the new unlock is out. Im not sure though. In all reality, this process should not cost you more than a few hundred bucks, unless you buy a new phone.

Reaction score
If you can get a phone now, search craigslist, then post and we can all walk you through it, as long as an an unlock is available for the iO/S the device is on. I just got a brand new I phone 4 replacement last week from apple and the iO/S on the phone was 4.2. So if your willing to fork out the cash, go to your local Apple store and see if you get lucky!

OP
Mr. Daniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok Tom. Thank you very much for your responses.

Reaction score
No prob. Im not sure when your leaving, but I am always meeting people locally to fix or Jailbreak there Apple des. I com across phones quite frequently. Feel free to let me know when your trip is getting closer and if I can find a phone within your price range, I can get it, jailbreak it, unlock it, and send it to you. Paypal is safe to use so if you feel comfortable enough, just me know!

Tom

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Whatever you do - don't pay $1,400 for an iPhone!! :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.