HELP!!! internet not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB003LL/A
Hello fellow members,

I have a first generation mac air running on 10.5.8. This problem came up when I was using my mac and died because the battery was depleted. I went back to my dorm to charge it. Then after the charge was completed, I turned on the mac and went on my normal ways of opening firefox. First thing I noticed was that the time was off and 'double command' program stopped working. Second, was that it was asking me for my password, which was not an usual occurrence. While in firefox i tried accessing my mail, which did not connect. I then went to 'network' to see what was wrong. I noticed that on the left airport now has a self assigned ip and says 'authenticated via PEAP(inner protocol: MSCHAPv2).

I tried looking, but nothing has helped. And I do not have access to the router, since I am connecting to the University's internet.

From this point on, I have no idea what to do. I would greatly appreciated if you guys can give light to the mac.

Thanks in advance :)

--and sorry for reposting, if someone has posted this already. I am noob!

OP
c1688
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB003LL/A
yes i did, and tried deleting some stuff in system preferences

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is there a Password involved in connecting to the router? An Encryption key.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.