Changing Keyboard Functionality

Reaction score
I wanted to know why on my macbook pro, there is a 'CD eject' key that I use maybe once or twice a day and there is no 'backspace' key.

It would make more sense to have a backspace key since I use that hundreds of times a day while I'm typing. I realize I can hit Fn + Delete, but that's tedious and slows me down.

Is it possible to change the functionality of keys so I can drop the 'CD eject' button and switch it to a backspace function?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll probably need to find a utility which can remap the keyboard. The delete and eject keys are not ones that can be modified so the only possible way that I can think of is to remap. When I have my MacBook at home I use a full size Apple keyboard which does have the backspace delete key.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.