SAMBA Share Connection

M

mateo107

Hello All,

I'm trying to connect my Max OS X (10.3) computer to a SAMBA share on my Windows XP Professional Server. IT works about half the time, the other half of the time it fails authentication for apparently no reason.

Sometimes if I reboot the server (or restart the server service) it comes back to working, other times it does not.

I've tried using a share thats completely open (EVERYONE = FULL Access) and I've also tried shares with specific usernames and passwords, but they ALL fail authentication - even if I use the "guest" account.

I get prompted to authenticate to the share, so I put the SERVERNAME as the domain, the username and password that is the username and password on the local "server" and it STILL fails about half the time, even though I know it works the other half of the time just fine...

Any Ideas? This is really frustrating. Also, I'm connecting to the share in this convention smb://IP Address/Share Name (not using Server "hostname"). I was seemingly able to get around the authentication failing portion by using the freeware app Supinfo Share Manager, but now that fails too...

I'm lost and frustrated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.