which thread I've joined in?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think you may be confused about what the term "thread" means.

A thread is a conversation on a forum. You can create a thread in many different forums to start a conversation about a particular topic.

A "post" is a single reply in a thread. If you reply to a thread, you are making a single post.

That leads us into Subscribing to a thread. When you subscribe to a thread, you'll start to receive email notifications when that thread is updated. On Mac-Forums, the default behavior is to subscribe a member to a thread when they reply to it (or create their own thread). Since you've created this thread, you should be subscribed to it and will see this response.

A forum is a container of threads all about the same topic. "Mac-Forums" is divided into many sub-forums. When you visit Mac-Forums.com, you'll see the home page, which shows you a list of all of the various forums - each one has a description.

You originally posted this thread in our "Apple Rumors & Reports" forum, which is not the right place. So, I've moved this into "Community Suggestions and Feedback", which is where it belongs.

Hope that all makes sense, and let me know if I can further clarify.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Also, I see that you've posted in this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/87169-macbook-battery-health-question.html

Which means you should be subscribed to it. If you want to see a history of all threads you've subscribed to, click the "Profile" button in the toolbar at the top of the page, and it should show a list:

2011-04-22_0827.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.