iTunes on iPhone question

Reaction score
If I purchase a song directly on my iPhone, can I transfer it to my iPod? If so, how? Also, could I do it with a downloaded song from Amazon.com? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Not sure about the Amazon thing - never used it.

Yes to the iPhone --> iPod question. After purchasing a song on your iPhone, sync to your computer. That saves the song to your computer, then sync your iPod and make sure it syncs that new song to your iPod. This only works if you use the same Apple ID on your iPhone and iPod. You can share that song among 5 computers and/or iDevices that all use your Apple ID.

You may have to adjust how your computer syncs to your iPhone and iPod. There are lots of different settings in iTunes to manage this.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Can you download Amazon music direct to an iDevice?

Download all of mine to my computer, it auto imports into iTunes and syncs next time up just like any other music in iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.