windows 7 wont load on my imac

Reaction score
Hi all 2nd time on here, updated my imac with snow leopard it is know 10.6.7, Been onto mac tree times, bought a new windows 7 home discs 32 bit and 64,
Do all the partition then load the windows cd then nothing just spits the disc out. Can anyone help.
Been told to ring Microsoft to see if i can download the disc i have onto one of my disc. But cant even find a number for them.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your optical drive working OK? Does it read other disks? It seems unlikely that a brand new disk would be defective. Microsoft is not going to allow you to download an ISO image of Win 7 without paying for it again. You don't want to do that.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes the drive seems ok with all other disks. I thought that how can two new disk not work. Dont know what i can do. ??????????

OP
S
Reaction score
Just been back to pc world and they tried it there mac and the disks where ok,come up on there desktop fine. put the disk in my mac and after a couple of times trying to read it it spits it out. Tried a dvd in my mac and they are all fine. So im stuck????????? Cant get the disk up on the desk top at all. anyone anymore ideas......

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Very unusual that two new disks won't work, yet others that you try are OK. I still think it has to do with your optical drive. Buy a can of compressed air and try blowing a couple of blasts into the drive. It could be the LED optical light lens is dirty enough to be marginal and not read the new disk.

If that doesn't work, take the new DVD and burn an exact copy of it using another computer. Try using the copy. It won't matter as you have the install PID.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok thanks im away for a few weeks now, but will try when i get back,
Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.