2011 13" MacBook Pro, Apple Time Capsule & HP C6180 Printer problem

Reaction score
My new 13" MacBook Pro will not print, I get a printer is offline when I try to print something. I installed the drivers from the HP website. I however can print if I go to Airport and choose hpsetup, which will take me off the the internet. It is very inconvenient to have to go offline to print something then go back and turn my network back on. This is not only happening to my new 2011 13" MacBook Pro, it's doing the same thing on my wife's 15" MacBook Pro and my kids iMac. Everything was working fine till I swapped out my old NetGear router with Apple 1TB Time Capsule. What am I doing wrong it is very frustrating, please help. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
The HP setup network is so you can open the HP Setup utility in your browser and join the printer to your wireless network. Once that's done, you hop back on your main network, and your printer should be visible again.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, I understand the hpsetup network portion, I just want to be able to print without having to go to hpsetup network. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Check out the bottom of Mac OS X v10.6: How to connect a wireless-capable printer to your AirPort network

There appears to be an issue using the 8 or 16 character passwords for authenticating HP printers on a wireless network. If you're using an Apple base station, you may need to use the 63-bit hex key provided by your Airport Setup Utility to join the printer to your wireless network successfully.

I also found step-by-step instructions for adding your HP printer to your wireless network at How to Set Up an HP Wireless Printer for Mac | eHow.com.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.