• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Burned in Greenpeace Rankings Thanks to New Data Center

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
How do they know that that is how much power it will use up, when it's not even completely built and functioning yet?? More POWWAAAA!!!!

Reaction score
Green Peace has dissed on Apple for years now. A once decent organization has pretty much turned into an attention grabbing whiner. Every time they diss Apple, they get a bunch of press - and that seems to be their only goal these days.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I wonder how "Green" Greenpeace is. I bet most of their members drive huge humvees all the way to their second job at the local nuclear power plant, while at the same time leaving all their standby lights on in their house.

and they blatently boil more water than they actually need when they put the kettle on.

pair that with the fact that they almost definitely don't have a personal wind turbine or solar panel, so they are paying generic power companies to pollute the air anyway.

lets see how hypocritical they are.

/RANT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
The ironic part? If all companies would be perfect in Greenpeace's eyes, they would be out of business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The ironic part? If all companies would be perfect in Greenpeace's eyes, they would be out of business.

No, they consider themselves a "police force" of some kind and it's their job (self appointed btw) to make sure you follow the rules they agree with. Wouldn't change at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.