Hotmail issues with Safari?

C

code777

Anyone else having problems loggin into your hotmail acct? Everytime I do it nothing happens, it just hangs and then finally safari says it can't access the page. Not sure if its with safari or a hotmail issue.

OP
S

sursuciofla

code777 said:
Anyone else having problems loggin into your hotmail acct? Everytime I do it nothing happens, it just hangs and then finally safari says it can't access the page. Not sure if its with safari or a hotmail issue.

I have no problems right now but sometimes I have the same problem. That's hotmail though, not Safari. If I didn't use hotmail as my junk mail/signup email I would get rid of it, but it's nice since that keeps my good emails sort of immune from that problem.

OP
W

weissach

I have been trawling ma forums to see if anyone has the same problem!
I can access my standard hotmail page but i can't open mail or my messages. Everything else is ok. My wife's hotmail account works fine on the same computer (emac 10.3.9). I have reset safari and repaired, verified disk permissions. Hotmail say its the browser (safari) Its the second time this has happened. Last time I just changed from .com to .co.uk but what do I do now!!
If you find out how to cure this PLEASE let me know

Reaction score
Answer to issues with Hotmail on Mac computer

I found the answer to your question online...read below...

For quite a few months, many Mac Safari users have been having problems with HotMail. The problem is that when they try to log in to HotMail, Microsoft's redirect commands wind up in an unending loop. This only happens when users did not manually click the link to "sign out" on their last session.

I've had to help many people solve this problem, so I thought it might be useful information for macosxhints.com. The way to solve the problem is to delete related cookies:
In Safari, go to Preferences » Security » Show Cookies.
Type in live.com
Click the Remove All button.
Now you can login to HotMail again. In the future, manually sign out each time to avoid doing these steps again. The only real disadvantage is that you'll have to retype your username and password the next time you log in after clearing the cookies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I found the answer to your question online...read below...

For quite a few months, many Mac Safari users have been having problems with HotMail. The problem is that when they try to log in to HotMail, Microsoft's redirect commands wind up in an unending loop. This only happens when users did not manually click the link to "sign out" on their last session.

I've had to help many people solve this problem, so I thought it might be useful information for macosxhints.com. The way to solve the problem is to delete related cookies:
In Safari, go to Preferences » Security » Show Cookies.
Type in live.com
Click the Remove All button.
Now you can login to HotMail again. In the future, manually sign out each time to avoid doing these steps again. The only real disadvantage is that you'll have to retype your username and password the next time you log in after clearing the cookies.

I had the problem for a while, but everything has been fine recently. The only hotmail problems I've had have been through Adium - I have it check my mail when I sign in (as opposed to MSN doing it), and clicking the link to my inbox never seems to work now. Typing in hotmail.com in my browser always works though, as do all the messages in my inbox, even if I don't log out after each session. I can't actually remember the last time I hit the logout button in hotmail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
just did the cookie clear and it worked great. thank you.

Reaction score
I did about a month ago but it works fine now. In fact, it works better then Firefox. Firefox will not render some pictures on various pages, Safari does just fine (now).

Reaction score
Did the cookie clear, works fine now. Funny how I have NO problems with Yahoo, but I have hotmail problems only on my MAC and not my PC. Fortunately, I use Yahoo as my primary e-mail. I may eventually get rid of my hotmail account, just so I don't have to deal with any Microsoft issues. I want to be Microsoft free and I am almost there.

Reaction score
eMac problem

Hi everyone, I am new to either forum and Mac...
I got eMac with OSX 10.3.9, processor 1Ghz G4, memory 768MB sdram...
I can open email, see the inbox but not open individual email.
Also everytime I try to open youtube safari crash and quit.
Could anyone help this poor soul??
many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi everyone, I am new to either forum and Mac...
I got eMac with OSX 10.3.9, processor 1Ghz G4, memory 768MB sdram...
I can open email, see the inbox but not open individual email.
Also everytime I try to open youtube safari crash and quit.
Could anyone help this poor soul??
many thanks

Welcome aboard - now in providing advice it is often helpful to know some history. Did u set up the mail and the ISP or did someone do it for you. Was the computer given to you with a clean install of 10.3.9 or was it a family hand-me-down. Any chance of upgrading to Tiger 10.4 as it will handle today's internet a bit better than Panther. Have you tried setting up a new User with current set up.

Reaction score
Hi
thanks for replying.
I bought this second hand, my wife re-install disk 1 and up-graded to osx...
worked fine for a while then no more email or youtube.
when I log in hotmail, it asks me to upgrade to firefox, safari or window...tried all, but fails all times.
tried tiger4, filed.
tried leopard, failed.
I can surf and watch utube videos in other places but wont let me open utube.
hope it helps

Reaction score
tiger4 failed, possible hardware limitation ...
my wife wanted to re-install the printer, got wrong disk...
so I re-installed the os x and since then nothing worked.
sorry being a pain, computer is my nemesis...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.