Open ports on 10.6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.
Hey
Im trying to optimize my settings in Transmission, however I cannot find a single open port in my firewall. I used an online tester and it also came up saying I have no open ports.

I realize that I can allow certain applications access through my firewall but after removing and re adding Transmission to that list in numerous ways I am still unable to find an open port.

Is there any way to open a specific port? Could this be a problem with my ISP? I feel as if they would not block every single port so I figure this is an OSX problem.

Also, I am using an Airport Extreme base station with a hidden network; doubt thats the problem but the more information the better right?

Thanks for any help provided :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You need to open the ports on your router, not in the os. What router do you have~?

OP
iscameron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im using a Webstar Modem and an Airpot Extreme.... Sorry i must have edited the thread while you were responding

OP
iscameron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just attempted to use Airport Utility>Manual Setup>Advanced>Port Mapping

Originally I Set up the port as File Sharing and that did not Open the port for Transmission

I tried FTP next and that was Successful :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Glad it's sorted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.