problem with G5 airport extreme card

W

wtonyparks

I just got a G5 that is airport ready. I got an airport extreme card and installed it, but now my monitor won't work (the screen is black, and the keyboard won't work). When I remove the card, the computer works great. The card was inserted properly (I tried it several times), and the latest version of airport software was already installed. Any ideas what is happening?

OP
M

menace3054

wtonyparks said:
I just got a G5 that is airport ready. I got an airport extreme card and installed it, but now my monitor won't work (the screen is black, and the keyboard won't work). When I remove the card, the computer works great. The card was inserted properly (I tried it several times), and the latest version of airport software was already installed. Any ideas what is happening?

if the video card is working fine once you remove the airport card, i think something is up with the motherboard. if your comp is still under warranty, id call apple or take it to an apple store

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.