• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

2 Million Apple TVs Sold So Far?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Be many more if we had Netflix in Australia! :D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Be many more if we had Netflix in Australia! :D

It will be 2 million and 1 after the next refresh. We've decided to buy one (sometime before Christmas) but I want to wait to see if Apple sticks the A5 chip in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I will probably have a 2nd one as soon as I can find an HDMI to Composite converter. My TV is great, 65" HD 1080i, but I got it before HDMI was the standard. I have been contemplating a Roku box instead as it already has the hookups built-in and is the same price.

My AppleTV2 on my other HDTV (720p) has HDMI already and it gets used every night.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will probably have a 2nd one as soon as I can find an HDMI to Composite converter. My TV is great, 65" HD 1080i, but I got it before HDMI was the standard. I have been contemplating a Roku box instead as it already has the hookups built-in and is the same price.

My AppleTV2 on my other HDTV (720p) has HDMI already and it gets used every night.

I will be routing mine through my Denon AVR790 (got it because I didn't have nough inputs on my HDTV).
Honestly, my main reason for getting the ATV will be Airplay, I tried a hack that is supposed to work on Macs to allow them to accept Airplay but for some reason it didn't work.

BTW: How did your file recovery turn out? Hopefully you got everything back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
BTW: How did your file recovery turn out? Hopefully you got everything back.

After $100 on a new drive and $100 for the software, I got the files that were deleted from the Trash restored, however the directory structure and file names are gone... I am looking at either paying almost a $1k to have the HD itself restored at a shop or hours upon hours of work with the files. The only files that maintained their file names were my iOS Apps. Small favors...

It is some 46k files...

Maybe I can just point iTunes at the directory and see if it will consolidate for me - the song data should still be in the files anyway - and all I would have to do is recreate my playlists.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After $100 on a new drive and $100 for the software, I got the files that were deleted from the Trash restored, however the directory structure and file names are gone... I am looking at either paying almost a $1k to have the HD itself restored at a shop or hours upon hours of work with the files. The only files that maintained their file names were my iOS Apps. Small favors...

It is some 46k files...

Maybe I can just point iTunes at the directory and see if it will consolidate for me - the song data should still be in the files anyway - and all I would have to do is recreate my playlists.

Ouch! ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.